Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day #15

Humble Beginnings.

Born in a cave... not even a nice cave. A dirty cave. It was dark. Probably lit with torches. 
Surely a King deserves better. 
You came as a baby... 
Raised as a servant. The lowest of low
Surely better provisions could have been made for my Savior. 

This was the place. (Or at least near it). Salvation has come. 
My God doesn't stay far away. He came near to me!

He could've though. He could have stayed in heaven. All the glories...all the beauty...forsaken. Left behind so that He could be near me...so that He could live as one of us. Oh what love the Savior has for us! 

I think of the riches I have. I've grown up far richer than my Savior. I've lived a opulent, lavish, affluent lifestyle. Did He come to give me that? 

He could have come and stayed in a luxurious Palace like Herod built for himself all over the land. But he came and was the poorest of the poor... 

Then He went through everything we went through... relating to me in the ultimate way...He came near to me...

Immanuel. God with us. And He'll never leave us. He promised He'll be with us forever. 
 
Being at the Church of the Nativity... I can't help but think that this is not the way Jesus would have wanted it. It was way too plush for Jesus. Our Savior isn't flashy. He's got the substance and the style. It's kinda the way it's always been. David wanted to build the Lord a temple... but God had him keep the ark in a tent. 

Phil 2:7 says that "He made himself nothing."
Nothing... He emptied himself. 

I'm listening to the song "Amazed." The line that is exactly how I'm feeling almost this entire trip.. "Lord I'm amazed by You... how You love me."


No comments: