Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day #7

Waking up and looking out into the Canyon at Mizpah-Ramon was amazing. I can't believe that erosion caused all of this. We got some really great pictures out there. It's so beautiful. Some might not consider it beautiful... I loved all the texture and depth of the rocks, craters, and canyons. It's real similar to Phoenix and Vegas. Some people are aren't into it though. Their loss. Israel truly has some diverse land. We went from the Mediterranean sea 
(not the best waves in the world for sure... it was super flat 1-2 feet slop) to the complete desert some of the most breathtaking scenery. It makes you feel really small. How long it took to erode. I've been on this planet for 28 years...that's probably the time it took for a few edges to form. I found myself speechless and in awe. I swear.. I could have stood out there and gazed into that Canyon forever. (Even with it being so beautiful...there was still a jackhammer going on in the background. I'm glad I brought my iPOD. I threw on some worship music... closed my eyes and felt the wind to my back). I must have been out there for an hour. After awhile, a flock of Ibex came to find food people drop off the observation deck. Creation is beautiful.  

The Wilderness was amazing as well. (I'm running out of adjectives) We did a short teaching session on contentment and obedience. We were really able to empathize with the Israelites in the desert. It was super hot even in the shade. I would get pretty frustrated with 40 years. I also would probably start missing my home in Egypt after a while. Hot, thirsty, dusty... I'm quick to complain. I'm quick to think that God has forsaken me. I'm quick to turn from Him.

He's so patient with me. 

What are some of the things that I am discontented with? 


No comments: